Terms and Conditions
Somers Arts Fair Exhibition 2022
Please Note: If Government restrictions/regulations necessitate, the Somers Arts Fair Committee reserves the right to cancel the Exhibition and continue only with the associated Online Gallery. If this is the case, Artists will be informed of any differences in Terms & Conditions.
The Fees and Key Dates and other information for artists can be viewed at the website: www.somersartsfair.org
Artwork entry online submission
- Submission for consideration to be selected for hanging and display online will only be accepted via the portal on the Somers Arts Fair’s website. Works accompanied by an image are more likely to be accepted.
- The online system for submissions will open from July 29th 2022 and entries close 5pm September 26th
- By submitting your works through our online process, you enter into an agreement with Somers Arts Fair (Somers Primary School), hereafter referred to as “The Organisers”, and you agree to comply with these terms and conditions.
- If an artwork that has been submitted online is sold by the artist prior to acceptance, a substitute a artwork may be submitted in its place. No penalty or additional fee will apply.
- Each artwork must be the original uncopied work of the exhibitor and must be for sale at the price nominated by the artist inclusive of GST. Please ensure all details for your submissions are correct.
- All works are subject to selection for the show. Artists will be notified by email whether or not a work has been selected for hanging/display. Artists must ensure correct contact details (email/phone) are registered with the platform.
- Selected Artists authorise the Organisers to photograph and/or publish their work, and biographical information as provided, for the purposes of producing a catalogue or otherwise promoting the show by any means.
- The Organiser will take all reasonable care in the production of Artist biographical information (as provided by the Artist) and in any catalogue but will have no liability whatsoever for any errors or omissions therein.
Submission and acceptance fees
- A non-refundable submission fee of $5.00 per artwork(including GST) will apply, irrespective of the size of the artwork.
- Upon acceptance, a non-refundable acceptance fee of $10.00 per artwork(including GST) will apply.
- Artists whose artwork is selected for exhibition at the 2022 Somers Arts Fair will be notified and their credit/debit card automatically debited the acceptance fee of $10
- Each entrant will receive an invoice with payment details and all entry fees must be paid before the receiving day (see delivery guidelines below).
- Submission and entry fees will be waived for donating artists. This includes pieces submitted to ‘The Print Room’. Donating artists must notify the Organisers by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, including the name of their donated artwork and a reserve price.
Commission and payment
- Somers primary school deducts 25% commission on any artwork sold.
- For donated artworks, 100% of the proceeds from the sale will go directly to Somers Primary School.
- GST declaration – for taxation purposes, artists are required to supply an ABN or complete the declaration stating that they are a hobby artist and do not earn over $10,000 pa from their art. Without either of these, the government requires that 48.5% of payments due to artists be withheld.
- Each artwork must be available for sale. Artists must determine the price and include that price on the entry form which will then be used by the Organisers to display for that work.
- Alterations to the price must be requested in writing to the Organisers.
- Donated artworks provide a 100% contribution to the school and are gratefully accepted. It is the responsibility of donating artists to nominate a reserve price and ‘valued at’ price to assist with sales.
- Up to six artworks may be submitted for consideration. Each submission incurs a separate fee, and artists should be aware that each entry will be subject to a pre-selection process.
- Pairs (diptych) or trios (triptych) will be accepted as one entry for one entry fee, however the total square area of both or all three works must fall within the limit of 1 sq.m. The works will be hung together and sold as one item for the price quoted on the entry form.
- Non-original artworks (copy or reproduction) will not be accepted.
- Artworks that are not accompanied by an image when entries are closed may not be accepted. The selection panel will, at their total discretion, decide whether to accept the entered work if it is not accompanied by an image. We will accept images up to 5pm 26th September 2022.
- The selection panel who are appointed will consider all submitted works. The artist understands that the Organisers of Somers Arts Fair have the final say, and that no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Organisers reserve the right to reject any artwork. Any works that are inadequately framed, with inadequate means of hanging, damaged on arrival, oversize, of an inappropriate or pornographic nature (as so judged by selection panel), or wet paintings (as so judged by selection panel), will not be accepted. As this is a community event, works deemed to be offensive by the Organisers will not be hung. The Organisers reserve the right to withdraw any work at any time from the exhibition.
- Artworks that are not accompanied by an image when entries are closed may not be accepted. The selection panel will, at their total discretion, decide whether to accept the entered work if it is not accompanied by an image. We will accept images up to 26th September 2022.
- Additional works: individual artists may, at the discretion of the Organisers, be invited to supply more than the maximum number of works.
- Artists will be notified which of their works have been accepted to be exhibited prior to the opening of the Somers Arts Fair exhibition.
- No payments whatsoever will be made by the Organisers for freight or other charges incurred in delivery or return of artworks.
- Insurance for artworks for the duration of the exhibition and during shipping if sold is the artist’s responsibility.
- The organisers reserve the right not to accept an entry where no GST information is provided (see item 17 above), or where incomplete information is given.
Prizes and awards
- All accepted artworks will be considered for judging for prizes and awards. Each artwork is only eligible to win one award category.
- The Organisers’ and judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All sales will be notified to the Artist on the day of sale.
- Artists will be paid for sold artworks, excluding the 25% commission fee, within 4 weeks of the closure of the event.
- If the Artist has provided accurate bank and contact details, the Organiser undertakes to pay the Artist the sale proceeds less commission (inclusive of GST) plus any Prizes and Awards within 4 weeks of the close of the exhibition. Artists will need to register current banking details on the platform.
- The Artist appoints the Organisers as his or her agents for all purposes associated with the exhibition and auction and agrees to allow the Organisers to offer all artworks for sale to the public at the price stated by the Artist on the entry form.
- Artists must complete the GST declaration as part of the online entry process (refer item 17). Any applicable GST on the sale of a painting is the Artist’s responsibility. All marked prices are to be inclusive of any GST where applicable.
- Artists are expected to honour the sale of a piece where the first contact was initiated through Somers Arts Fair during the period of the exhibition.
- The Artist indemnifies Somers Arts Fair against any claim, loss or damage of whatever nature or cause however occurring and whether directly or indirectly relating to entered artworks or their delivery to the buyer.
- It is the responsibility of the Artist to ensure suitable insurance covers are enacted for the duration of the event.
Collection of Works
- Collection of unsold works from the Somers Arts Fair must occur on Sunday 23rd October by 5 pm.
- If an Artist fails to collect his or her unsold artwork[s] at the designated time, they will be stored for a period of 14 days at the cost of the Artist. After that the Organisers may sell, in any manner they determine, and the Artist hereby agrees to pay to the Organisers all its costs and expenses incurred as result of their failure to collect the artwork[s].
- By entering artwork into the Somers Arts Fair, the Artists agrees that Somers Arts Fair may use the artist’s image(s) to promote Somers Arts Fair for the current exhibition and future promotion of the event.
- In the event of a dispute arising regarding the interpretation of these terms and conditions, the matter will be referred to the principal, Somers Primary School and the decision of the principal will be final and binding on all parties.